Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Better Late Than Never, Right?

Finally, some pictures from B's birthday party...




Directing during the singing of "Happy Birthday."





First taste of the birthday cake. She started off slowly...



But quickly figured out a better way!




That is one happy 1 year old!



Please notice her crossed feet in the picture above. She does this ALL the time. She has since she was born. I love it!


Showing off her boots from Aunt Lee Lee.




I love my little family!


So I know everyone told me to enjoy the time she was a baby... and I listened, I really did, but I feel like it passed so quickly! I should have enjoyed it more. BUT, I am LOVING this stage. B is so much fun right now...




  • She is saying lots of words now. "Dog" is still her favorite, but she also says "bye" (anytime one of us is getting off of the phone and says bye, she echos us), "hey", "baby", "duck" and she can tell you what lots of animals say. My favorite is the turkey. Ask her next time you see her ;)


  • She is also signing lots of words- "more" and "eat" are her favorites


  • What I love most is how much she understands... When I say "daddy's home," she runs to the door; when we say "time to eat," she runs to her highchair; when we say "bring me a book," she runs to pick one out; when we say "do you need a clean diaper?" she runs back to her room


  • Ummm... she runs A LOT!

    I can't even begin to put into words how much we love this precious gift. She keeps us on our toes and ALWAYS keeps us laughing!

1 comment:

Matt and Naomi O'Reilly said...

Blakely did a great job eating her cake! Also, Patrick crosses his feet like that sometimes...too cute! We love you Blakely!!