Tuesday, May 25, 2010

18 month pics and update

Our sweet friend Julie Cottrell took some pictures so we could remember what our precious girl was like at 18 months...

You can see them here.

At her 18 month check up, B weighed 24 lbs and was 31 inches tall. She is so much fun these days. She talks ALL the time, and continually makes us laugh. The other night we were driving home from Birmingham, and she was supposed to be falling asleep in the backseat. Suddenly we hear "Nana? Gray? Papa? Sherbo? Beh Beh? Haw? Eah?..." Now this may not make much sense to most people, but Jim and I realized that she was going through the names of everyone in our family (most of whom we'd seen that weekend). She kept repeating everyone's names (and there are A LOT of them) until Jim finally said, "B, why don't you just go to sleep?" Immediately she closed her eyes and fell asleep! Funny girl- sometimes she starts talking and can't stop :)

She also tells on us sometimes. The other day I was cleaning the bathroom (so I wasn't in the best of moods anyway), and I hit my elbow three different times. It really hurt, and the last time I screamed "OWWW!" Shortly after Jim got home from work, B touched his elbow and said "Momma. Ebow. AHHHHH!" She says this same thing to pretty much anyone who happens to be around when she sees or hears about an elbow!

It's not just me though- Jim took B to her first Auburn baseball game last week so I could clean and pack for our anniversary trip (more on that to come). When they got home, as we were getting B ready for bed, she said "Baseball. Dada. BEEP BEEP! GO!" Apparently Jim was tired of waiting for someone to go at a green light and B won't let him forget how he responded :)
Man, I love this girl!!

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

Deena,
The pics are adorable!!! Y'all look like the perfect little family!! :-) Also I love the stories of Blakely telling on you. I remember when Noah started doing that. It will only get worse... Miss y'all!