Sunday, January 11, 2009

A BIG day for B Baby!


As we tried to get back to our regular routine this week after several weeks of travel, Blakely decided to spice things up. On Monday she was having some "tummy time" on the floor. Sometimes she loves to lay on her tummy, pushing up and looking at her toys, and others she just cries until I get her up. So Monday was a day when she was actually enjoying tummy time for a little while. She started to fuss and I waited to see what she would do. She must have gotten tired of waiting on me because sweet girl just went ahead and rolled over onto her back! She looked a little surprised at first, then smiled when she saw me smiling at her! We celebrated for a minute or so, and then I tried to get her to do it again. THIS WAS NOT A SMART MOVE! As soon as I flipped her on her tummy again, she started screaming! I scooped her up and gave her lots of cuddles, but it took a looooong while to settle her down. I guess I learned my lesson! This girl will not be pushed around! Much to her daddy's dismay I did not have a camera (video or any other type) around when Blakely decided to roll over, so these pictures of other, everyday, tummy times will have to do until we can capture her new trick on film!

A happy tummy time in early December!

Oh how I love those sweet cheeks!

Tummy time with Daddy

A recent tummy time with some good friends! :)